Cloudy (showers later)

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Networks

Since I started thinking more in my own lines of interest an idea popped up; what if I would consider the internet as being a neural network and make design decisions based on that premise?

I could construct devices that depict a certain state of the internet (and hence the world using it) by monitoring the use of words in the blogosphere. I.e. an object that allows you to see the degree of happiness or lack thereof felt by the people writing the blogs. By, for instance, monitoring the frequency of use of the words 'love' and 'hate'.

Problem that arises here; the use of the word 'hate' does not necessarily occur in a post that would have to be considered as 'negative'. One could construct a sentence; 'I am infinitely glad for the disappearance of all the hate that surrounded me lately' Which would be looked upon as negative by the just introduced system, while it obviously is not.

But problems I like.
For now I'll pursue this line of thought and see where it brings me.

For the 'goede orde', as we Dutch say, a little quote:

"On ne me fait pas marcher moi" (Cravan, Arthur)

Which is absolutely not true.

No comments: