E-mails tell us that by now most of the boot camp participants returned safely back home. And home is, among other things, where the work is. I started working on our project at the HKU, which deals with designing a 'concept room' for the dutch tax services. Nice challenge there, cause those guys really fucked up on software the last couple of years, and are now trying to make up for that, which asks for quite the attitude change on account of the workers.
I'm also starting conversations about fab related projects here in Holland, so more on that to come.
Still miss Norway though...
On a different note, anybody seen this weird article? I was thinking that this big earth changing event was going to happen around 2013 or so... when the last of the Mayan calendars ends. Could be those guys where not so precise in retrospect... just a couple of years of. In Norway iI was really enjoying the darkness (no, not the rock band), so could be the earth rotates in such a way that Holland will also have 2 hours of light a day... wouldn't that be marvelous?
speaking of Mayans, I've just seen the movie 'The Fountain' by Darren Aronofsky (director of 'Pi' and 'Requiem for a dream') and I must say, great movie. Perhaps not for those among us who don't like fairy tales or to much interwoven story lines (or indeed Mayans), but for them who like dreaming, love, life and death and the occasional meditative moment... do watch it.
Cloudy (showers later)
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment