Days sort of seem to flow into each other when the light never goes out. Yesterday evening we (Johan, Kenny, Luis and I) decided to go fishing on the fjord with a borrowed boat, but before we went we had to put out a starting fire at the Shopbot (the CNC machine). It seems the machine missed some steps while running through a program, got stuck and made the vacuum suck up a couple of embers... which consequently started to smolder inside the machine. Mats (one of Haakons son's) came in after dinner and told us there was smoke coming from the Shopbot house... I think we where just in time.
So when that was over we packed our stuff and headed out onto the fjord, with two fishing rods. At first we didn't catch anything, so when we landed ashore at around 3.30 in the morning we found some mussels and cooked those as a snack. Cooking them on some damp seaweed you put on a open fire works fine, and gives the mussels a nice smokey flavor.
We then took the boat further onto the fjord and by chance discovered a really beautiful spot to fish. Kenny was the first to catch a pollock and shortly after I caught one as well. I took one raw bite of the fish (first time I bite a fish that is still wriggling) and cooked the rest in some seawater. We had some cooking pots with us so steaming the fish was really easy.
When Johan caught a fish as well we walked around the shore a bit (very nice and peaceful around 9 in the morning) and then took the boat back to shore (with a nice detour of course).
Being up most of the day and fishing all night makes you kind of sleepy, so this we slept from about 12 this morning till around 6.30. I'm now working on some timelapse footage I took, and will probably spend some time working on my bow design (I'm making a bow).
And it will not get dark...
Cloudy (showers later)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Raw fish, hmmm
good luck with the bow!
Post a Comment